Join the Stakeholders Listserv of the New York Product Stewardship Council! (This is a Google Group. You may use your preferred email account to subscribe. You will be asked to confirm your subscription via email once you have subscribed yourself via the link above. See detailed subscription instructions below.
Our strategy is to help all local governments and other stakeholders in New York State to speak with a strong voice to promote product stewardship, also known as extended producer responsibility (EPR).
The NYPSC Stakeholders Listserv is a two-way, moderated list for all who wish to stay apprised of NYPSC activities and issues.
Items posted to this list will be relevant to NYPSC’s mission:
"To promote product stewardship, also known as extended producer responsibility (EPR), as the priority policy for solid waste management, thereby shifting our waste management system from one focused on government funded and ratepayer financed waste diversion to one that relies on product stewardship in order to reduce public costs and drive improvements in product and packaging design that promote environmental sustainability."
Self-Subscription Instructions to the NYPSC Stakeholders ListServ.
- Click This Link.
- On this page, click "Join This Group" in the left hand menu.
- If your email address is already associated with a Google account, (gmail.com) log in with your preferred Google account email address.
- Select the type of subscription you want: usually ‘Email’ or ‘Digest’.
- Make sure the ‘nickname’ field suits you.
- Click ‘Join this group’.
- If your email address is not associated with a Google account,click "Create an account" on the right side of the page under the login box.
- Type in the your business or home email address.
- Type in a preferred password in both password fields. (The password you use here does not have to be the password you use for your email account. It will be the password you are using to create a google account associated with your email address. If you don’t want google to have your email password, choose a different password.)
- Type in a nickname – perhaps your full name, or just your first name and last initial. This will be the name people see when viewing or searching for posts on-line from you.
- Type in the graphic challenge text. (This protects against spambots.)
- Click ‘I accept. [Google’s Terms of Service] Create my Google Account’. Google will now send an account verification email to your email address.
- Check your email Inbox for the Google account verification email. Click the verfiy link in the email address or paste the full address in your browser address field.
- Log in to your new google account, if necessary. You will be taken to your google accounts dashboard.
- Click on ‘Groups’ under the ‘My Products’ heading. In the field next to ‘Search for a Group’, type NYPSC.
- Click New York Product Stewardship Council.
- Click ‘Join this Group’ in the right-hand menu.
- Select ‘Email’ or ‘Digest’.
- Make sure your nick name suits you.
- Click the ‘Join This Group’ button.
- Having a Google account allows you to log in later to change your subscription style. For instance, if you are going on vacation, you can log in and set yourself not to receive posts. When you’re back, you can set it back to ’email’ or ‘digest’. You can also post from the web instead of from email when you’re logged in.
- Subscription is moderated to keep out spam-bots, so please be patient until a moderator can determine that you’re a real person.