TAKE ACTION FOR PACKAGING EPR!
The solution to New York’s recycling crisis is within reach, but we still need your support. Governor Hochul, Senator Kaminsky, and Assemblyman Englebright have all introduced Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) legislation for packaging and paper products this session aimed at providing much needed municipal relief and a jolt to stagnant recycling rates – but they need to agree on a single bill. We need your voice now to make sure the Governor, Senate, and Assembly prioritize this critical bill.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS
Taking action is quick and easy:
- Click this link to download a letter of support and replace the text in red with your own information, then save the letter.
- Send to Governor Hochul: Copy the text in the letter and use it to populate the “message” field on this form, then fill in your contact information. (Note: The same letter should go to Hochul, Kaminsky, and Englebright, with all three addresses included.)
- Send to Assemblyman Englebright: Copy the text in the letter and use it to populate the “message” field on this form, then fill in your contact information.
- Send to Senator Kaminsky: Click this link and paste the message into the body of an email, then attach the full letter.
- Finally, click to find your Assemblyperson and find your Senator, then send the same message – attaching the letter, if possible – to them.
WANT TO DO MORE?
- Distribute this fact sheet to your community.
- Personalize and submit this oped to your media contacts.
- Use these talking points in interviews, presentations, or conversations with your legislators.
(Note: If you are having problems downloading resources, please clear the cache on your browser.)
The New York Product Stewardship Council works to implement the principles of product stewardship in New York State and nationally. These policies have many benefits:
- Shift waste management costs off taxpayers and into the cost of the product
- Reduced waste destined for landfills and waste to energy facilities
- Improved product and packaging design for recycling and materials recovery
- Economic development in new industries and job growth within New York State