We need you to act today to urge the Senate and Assembly to pass the Packaging Reduction and Recycling Infrastructure Act (S4246A / A5322A) this session!
FOLLOW THESE STEPS
Taking action is quick and easy:
- Click to find your Senator, then call and send an email urging them to pass packaging EPR this session, attaching the letter linked below if you can.
- Click to find your Assemblymember, then call and send the same message urging them to pass packaging EPR this session, attaching the letter linked below if you can.
- Click this link to download a letter of support that you can use for this outreach. Replace the highlighted text (including the footer) with your own information and that of your senator and Assemblymember, then save the letter and attached it to the emails you send.
WANT TO DO MORE?
- Distribute this fact sheet to your community.
- Personalize and submit this oped to your media contacts.
- Use these talking points in interviews, presentations, or conversations with your legislators.
- Use this link and these Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn graphics to share on social media.
(Note: If you are having problems downloading resources, please clear the cache on your browser.)
The New York Product Stewardship Council works to implement the principles of product stewardship in New York State and nationally. These policies have many benefits:
- Shift waste management costs off taxpayers and into the cost of the product
- Reduced waste destined for landfills and waste to energy facilities
- Improved product and packaging design for recycling and materials recovery
- Economic development in new industries and job growth within New York State